Research has shown that there are many benefits to hiring a staff member with disability.
Organisations who hire an employee with disability:
- Are often well regarded by their staff as being a good employer
- Have an increased awareness of workplace practices and conditions
- Have increased levels of customer and staff loyalty
- Enjoy higher productivity rates from employees with disability
- Experience lower levels of absenteeism from employees with disability
As a Disability Employment Services provider, MAX Employment helps organisations employ and support staff with a disability, injury or health condition.
Why work with us
When you become a Disability Positive Employer, we can help your business by providing support such as:
- Extending your diversity to positively impact your local community
- Providing support to participants in work to maintain employment
- Helping your business broaden awareness of those with disability
In some instances you may be eligible to receive a wage subsidy for employing a participant with disability. Up to $1,500 can be paid to you over thirteen weeks, which assists employers financially by offsetting associated costs during the training period by helping cover the costs of wages.
Did you know that MAX Employment can assist with workplace modifications to help make your workplace more accessible to people with disability? Workplace modifications are provided free of charge to employers. Some examples include:
- Workplace modifications such as ramps, lowered benches and handrails
- Alterations to equipment such as telephone handsets or fleet vehicles
- Purchasing equipment such as specialised keyboards, voice recognition or screen reading software